Obed De La Cruz was born and raised in East Houston within minutes from the port. He graduated from the High School for Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice in 1991, and received an undergraduate degree in accounting from the University of Texas at Austin in 1996. That same year he joined Enron Corp and began his accounting career in tax, where he worked until receiving his law degree in 2005 from South Texas College of Law.
After law school, he joined Loren R. Cook and Associates, LLP (LRC), a boutique firm specializing in wealth protection and tax controversy. He resigned LRC to join Ernst & Young LLP's Federal Tax Group as a Sr. Tax Associate, and later left to work in the International Tax Department at Deloitte & Touche, LLP. Obed worked for Deloitte & Touche until taking the position as Corporate Counsel for Amigos Meat Distributors, L.P.
Obed De La Cruz is both a Texas licensed attorney and CPA.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Transaction Law 40%
- Tax and Business Consulting 35%
- Civil Litigation 25%
25% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2008
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2005
- University of Texas-Austin, Austin, Texas
- B.B.A. - 1996
- Major: Accounting
Past Employment Positions
- Amigos Meat Distributors, L.P., Corporate Counsel, 2008 to 2010
- Deloitte & Touche LLP, Senior Tax Associate, 2007 to 2008
- Ernst & Young LLP, Senior Tax Associate, 2006 to 2007
- Loren R. Cook & Associates, LLP, Associate, 2005 to 2006
- Enron Corporation, Senior Tax Analyst, 1996 to 2005