General Civil Litigation
At Markle • DeLaCruz, LLP, our mission is to resolve your most challenging legal problems quickly and effectively. With more than 30 years of experience as advocates and counselors, we have the knowledge and resources to secure you results. We protect the rights of plaintiffs and defendants in and out of the courtroom.
We Wrote The Book On Texas Dram Shop Cases
Spencer G. Markle is one of the most widely known dram shop trial lawyers in the state of Texas and has defended bars, restaurants, nightclubs and hotels in hundreds of cases across the state. When it comes to liquor liability law, we wrote the book on it – quite literally. Mr. Markle has published the seminal treatise on Texas liquor liability litigation, the Texas Liquor Liability Practice Manual, the only book of its kind in Texas. Several of our cases have even set precedents before the Texas Supreme Court and multiple courts of appeals.
Helping Your Business Grow And Prosper
Markle • DeLaCruz, LLP, is the go-to law firm for entrepreneurs and closely-held businesses in the Houston region. We defend and litigate claims relating to nonsubscriber, liquor liability (including food and beverage distributors), premises liability, intentional torts, employment claims, shareholder disputes, contract actions, noncompetition agreements, wage and hour disputes and catastrophic injury matters. We also represent businesses in non-subscriber matters where they opted out of providing traditional workers’ compensation coverage for employees.
Swiftly Resolving Civil Disputes
We are trusted by businesses and individuals in a wide range of dram shop, business litigation, personal injury and civil litigation matters. Markle • DeLaCruz, LLP, provides aggressive representation for plaintiffs injured in personal and catastrophic injury cases related to drunk driving. We often represent families in wrongful death cases. Our firm always seeks the best possible result. As in all our practice areas, we take a collaborative approach, drawing upon the extensive experience of every attorney and staff member to build a persuasive case on your behalf.
Why Choose Markle • DeLaCruz, LLP?
When choosing a law firm, you have many options. While other attorneys may overpromise to get your business, we let our experience speak for itself:
- Attorney Spencer G. Markle has been named a Texas Super Lawyer in 2022, the 20th consecutive year he has received this honor. He is also rated AV-Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell, their highest distinction.
- Mr. Markle is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, having secured five jury verdicts in excess of $1 million on behalf of his clients.
- As of 2021, we have tried more than 125 cases to juries in 23 Texas counties, and have represented many more clients before the state’s judges and arbitrators.
- Attorney Obed DeLaCruz is a licensed CPA with comprehensive tax knowledge that can be invaluable when consulting with your business.
- The American Board of Trial Advocates has elevated Spencer G. Markle to Diplomate, the highest rank of this invitation-only organization and an honor held by less than 30 lawyers in the entire State of Texas.